Environmental Education Links
- Environmental Education and Art
- 101 Top Web Resources on Climate Change
a list of 100 sites dedicated to Climate Change and its effect on our environment. I found all the most fun and informative blogs covering climate change, Greenhouse Gases, Polar Icecaps, and overall alternatives to make our planet better. All info that a
- A Key to Aquatic Macroinvertebrates from the Stream Biomonitoring Unit of the New York DEC
- Abandoned Mine Drainage Education Consortium
Adopt-A-Watershed is a K-12 school-community learning experience. Adopt-A-Watershed uses a local watershed as a living laboratory in which students engage in hands-on activities, making science applicable and relevant to their lives.
- Artist James Maria
Check out his gallery page and specifically the first one “Meditation on Promise and Providence, 2012″ and the sixth one “Taxiarchos: Revelation, 2012″ are from the Huber Breaker. Maybe, 8, 13, 14, & 15 are too.
- Ashley's Breaker
Inside the Breaker
- Chesapeake Academic Resources for Teachers
Chesapeake Academic Resources for Teachers (ChART) is a resource designed to help educators provide meaningful watershed educational experiences to their students. ChART offers educators Bay related lesson plans and activities, field studies and professio
- Coal Classroom – Coal Association of Canada
You can learn a good deal About Coal on this Webpage
- Darren Landis
Huber Breaker Photography
- Hands-on Experiments to test for Acid Mine Drainage
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Kids Page
Explore and learn more about mining
- National Summit of Mining Communities
The concept of the Summit is a grassroots gathering of mining towns where Ã¢â‚¬Å“communities can talk to communitiesÃ¢â‚¬Â, not only about common issues and challenges, but also about success stories that arose from adversity. Our success depends upon th
- Pennsylvania Statewide Conference on Abandoned Mine Reclamation
The Pennsylvania Statewide Conference on Abandoned Mine Reclamation brings together at least 200 people annually to provide workshops related to outreach, policy, science, and watershed planning.
- PSU Cooperative Extension
Extends non formal outreach educational opportunities to individuals, families, businesses, and communities throughout Pennsylvania.
- Saint Vincent College Environmental Education Center
Our mission is to provide quality and diverse environmental education programs and activities in a community outreach approach to Saint Vincent College, local school systems and the general public. The programs, activities, and events that are the foundat
- Save Our Streams Program (West Virginia DEP)
The programs’ mission is to promote the preservation and restoration of our state’s waters by providing a better understanding of their ecological integrity. This mission is accomplished by training citizen scientists to monitor and become watchdogs over