Environmental Education Links
- Environmental Education
- A Key to Aquatic Macroinvertebrates from the Stream Biomonitoring Unit of the New York DEC
- Abandoned Mine Drainage Education Consortium
Adopt-A-Watershed is a K-12 school-community learning experience. Adopt-A-Watershed uses a local watershed as a living laboratory in which students engage in hands-on activities, making science applicable and relevant to their lives.
- AMD Awareness Curriculum
A program for students in 4th, 5th and 6th grades in Preston County, West Virginia
- Chesapeake Academic Resources for Teachers
Chesapeake Academic Resources for Teachers (ChART) is a resource designed to help educators provide meaningful watershed educational experiences to their students. ChART offers educators Bay related lesson plans and activities, field studies and professio
- Coal Classroom – Coal Association of Canada
You can learn a good deal About Coal on this Webpage
- Hands-on Experiments to test for Acid Mine Drainage
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Kids Page
Explore and learn more about mining
- National Summit of Mining Communities
The concept of the Summit is a grassroots gathering of mining towns where Ã¢â‚¬Å“communities can talk to communitiesÃ¢â‚¬Â, not only about common issues and challenges, but also about success stories that arose from adversity. Our success depends upon th
- Pennsylvania Statewide Conference on Abandoned Mine Reclamation
The Pennsylvania Statewide Conference on Abandoned Mine Reclamation brings together at least 200 people annually to provide workshops related to outreach, policy, science, and watershed planning.
- PSU Cooperative Extension
Extends non formal outreach educational opportunities to individuals, families, businesses, and communities throughout Pennsylvania.
- Saint Vincent College Environmental Education Center
Our mission is to provide quality and diverse environmental education programs and activities in a community outreach approach to Saint Vincent College, local school systems and the general public. The programs, activities, and events that are the foundat
- Save Our Streams Program (West Virginia DEP)
The programs’ mission is to promote the preservation and restoration of our state’s waters by providing a better understanding of their ecological integrity. This mission is accomplished by training citizen scientists to monitor and become watchdogs over